Announcement to the world-wide optics and photonics community
The OSA Board of Editors welcomes nominations for the following editor positions with three-year terms to begin 1 January 2022:
Editor-in-Chief, Biomedical Optics Express
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of the Optical Society of America A
Editor-in-Chief, Optical Materials Express
Qualifications for these positions include but are not limited to the following:
- The individual must be well known, recognized and respected for scientific achievement within the community. A record of publication in recognized journals is essential.
- The individual must have current or prior editorial experience with reviewer selection and decision making responsibilities. OSA editor experience is preferred.
- The individual must possess sufficient breadth and depth of knowledge within the broad topic areas covered by the Journal to provide strategic vision and leadership for the entire Journal.
- The individual must be known for objectivity and decision-making abilities. A history of review activity for OSA journals is beneficial.
- The individual must be an OSA member. There are no geographic restrictions in the Editors' location. The Editors are expected to attend two OSA Board of Editors meetings each year.
OSA is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in its programs and particularly welcomes nominations of qualified members of underrepresented groups.
Please send nominations and self-nominations in the form of a short note of recommendation or a cover letter summarizing the nominee's qualifications to the attention of Joseph N. Mait (Chair, OSA Board of Editors) at EditorNominations@osa.org by 4 January 2021. For self-nominations, please explain your interest in the position and your vision for the journal within the cover letter. The nominating committees for each position will request curriculum vitae and publications lists as appropriate.
The Editors serves a three-year term with possibility to renew at the discretion of the OSA Board of Editors. OSA's Board of Directors will approve the final candidates in spring 2021.
Please contact Joseph Mait at EditorNominations@osa.org with any questions.
Thank you for your assistance in filling these important positions.