2. Article Types
Methodologies, Methods, and Techniques
There are a few types of articles that emphasize methods, methodologies, and techniques rather than original research results.
- Methods papers present a new experimental method, test or procedure.
- They may be completely new but could also offer an improved version of an existing method, test, or procedure.
- They should describe a demonstrable advance beyond what is currently known or available.
Engineering & Laboratory Notes
- These are concise articles that share useful laboratory techniques and practical engineering approaches in a given field.
- Engineering & Laboratory Notes are exclusive to Applied Optics.