Announcement to the world-wide optics and photonics community
The Journal of Optical Communications and Networking (JOCN) Steering Committee welcomes nominations for the position, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, with a three-year term to begin 1 January 2022.
The Journal reports advances in all aspects of optical networking science, technology, and engineering. Both theoretical contributions (including new techniques, concepts, analyses, and economic studies) and practical contributions (including optical networking experiments, prototypes, and new applications) are encouraged. JOCN is a joint publishing effort of the OSA and IEEE. The Editor-in-Chief ensures the high editorial quality of JOCN while balancing the needs of its author and reader communities. Send requests for the full position description to JOCN@osa.org.
Qualifications for the position include but are not limited to the following:
- The individual must be well known, recognized and respected for scientific achievement within the community. A record of publication in recognized journals is essential.
- The individual must have current or prior editorial experience with reviewer selection and decision-making responsibilities.
- The individual must possess sufficient breadth and depth of knowledge within the broad topic areas covered by the Journal to provide strategic vision and leadership for the entire Journal.
- The individual must be known for objectivity and decision-making abilities. A history of review activity for IEEE and OSA journals is beneficial.
- The individual must be a member of IEEE and OSA. There are no geographic restrictions in the Editor's location.
Please send nominations and self-nominations in the form of a short note of recommendation or a cover letter summarizing the nominee's qualifications to the attention of Patrick Iannone (Chair, JOCN Steering) at JOCN@osa.org by 1 September 2021. For self-nominations, please explain your interest in the position and your vision for the journal within the cover letter and provide a curriculum vitae. JOCN Steering will request curriculum vitae and publications lists for other nominations as appropriate.
The Editor serves a three-year term with possibility to renew at the discretion of JOCN Steering. JOCN Steering will approve the final candidate by 15 October 2021.
Please contact Patrick Iannone at JOCN@osa.org with any questions.
Thank you for your assistance in filling this important position.