Expand this Topic clickable element to expand a topic
Skip to content
Optica Publishing Group

Efficient ultraviolet LiB3O5 optical parametric oscillator

Not Accessible

Your library or personal account may give you access

Abstract

We report what is to our knowledge the first optical parametric oscillator (OPO) generating coherent laser radiation with high optical-to-optical conversion efficiency in the near ultraviolet. The OPO, pumped at 307.8 nm by a pulsed injection-seeded XeCl excimer laser, employs a crystal of LiB3O5 in a noncritical phase-matching geometry to generate tunable output over the range 381–387 nm in the near ultraviolet and 1.5–1.6 μm in the near infrared. We report internal energy conversion efficiencies as high as 28% for the signal wave at 385.5 nm and 7% for the idler wave at 1.53 μm, leading to a total internal conversion efficiency of 35%. Studies of oscillation threshold, external and internal conversion efficiency, spectral linewidth, and temporal variation of output pulses are also reported. Temperature tuning of the LiB3O5 OPO under the noncritical phase-matching condition is demonstrated for the first time to our knowledge.

© 1991 Optical Society of America

Full Article  |  PDF Article
More Like This
Blue parametric generation from temperature-tuned LiB3O5

Frank Hanson and David Dick
Opt. Lett. 16(4) 205-207 (1991)

Picosecond Ti:sapphire-pumped optical parametric oscillator based on LiB3O5

M. Ebrahimzadeh, S. French, W. Sibbett, and A. Miller
Opt. Lett. 20(2) 166-168 (1995)

LiB3O5 optical parametric oscillator pumped by a Q-switched frequency-doubled all-solid-state laser

G. J. Hall and A. I. Ferguson
Opt. Lett. 18(18) 1511-1513 (1993)

References

You do not have subscription access to this journal. Citation lists with outbound citation links are available to subscribers only. You may subscribe either as an Optica member, or as an authorized user of your institution.

Contact your librarian or system administrator
or
Login to access Optica Member Subscription

Cited By

You do not have subscription access to this journal. Cited by links are available to subscribers only. You may subscribe either as an Optica member, or as an authorized user of your institution.

Contact your librarian or system administrator
or
Login to access Optica Member Subscription

Figures (2)

You do not have subscription access to this journal. Figure files are available to subscribers only. You may subscribe either as an Optica member, or as an authorized user of your institution.

Contact your librarian or system administrator
or
Login to access Optica Member Subscription

Equations (3)

You do not have subscription access to this journal. Equations are available to subscribers only. You may subscribe either as an Optica member, or as an authorized user of your institution.

Contact your librarian or system administrator
or
Login to access Optica Member Subscription

Metrics

Select as filters


Select Topics Cancel
© Copyright 2022 | Optica Publishing Group. All Rights Reserved