Announcement to the world-wide optics and photonics community
The Optica Board of Editors welcomes nominations for the position, Editor-in-Chief of Optics Continuum, with a three-year term to begin 1 January 2024
Qualifications for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- The individual must be well known, recognized and respected for scientific achievement within the community. A record of publication in recognized journals is essential.
- The individual must have current or prior editorial experience with reviewer selection and decision-making responsibilities. Optica Publishing Group editor experience is preferred.
- The individual must possess sufficient breadth and depth of knowledge within the broad topic areas covered by the Journal to provide strategic vision and leadership for the entire Journal.
- The individual must be known for objectivity and decision-making abilities. A history of review activity for Optica Publishing Group journals is beneficial.
- The individual must be an Optica member. There are no geographic restrictions in the Editor’s location. The Editor is expected to attend two Board of Editors meetings each year.
Optica is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in its programs and particularly welcomes nominations of qualified members of underrepresented groups.
Please send nominations and self-nominations in the form of a short note of recommendation or a cover letter summarizing the nominee’s qualifications to the attention of Christoph Hitzenberger (Chair, Optica Board of Editors) at EditorNominations@optica.org by 1 August 2023. For self-nominations, please explain your interest in the position and your vision for the journal within the cover letter. The nominating committees for each position will request curriculum vitae and publications lists as appropriate.
The Editor serves a three-year term with possibility to renew at the discretion of the Board of Editors. Optica’s Board of Directors will approve the final candidate in fall 2023.
Please contact Christoph Hitzenberger at EditorNominations@optica.org with any questions.
Thank you for your assistance in filling this important position.