Submissions will open in June 2023
Optica Quantum is a new online-only Gold Open-Access journal dedicated to high-impact results in quantum information science and technology (QIST), as enabled by optics and photonics. Optica Quantum will publish its first issue in September 2023. Its scope will encompass theoretical and experimental research as well as technological advances in and applications of quantum optics. In addition, the Journal will provide the same exceptional standards for quality, novelty, and significance as its parent journal, Optica.
- Quantum Computing and Simulation with Light
- Quantum Computing and Simulation with Atoms and Ions
- Quantum Computing and Simulation with Solid-State Systems
- Quantum Communication
- Space-Based QIST
- Quantum Sensing and Metrology
- Platform-Independent Topics with Relevance to Optical QIST
- New Scientific Horizons in Optical QIST
- Hybrid Systems, Transduction, and Quantum Interconnects
- Quantum Photonic Sources and Detectors
- Integrated Optics and Nanophotonics in QIST
- Quantum Optical Materials
- Optical and Laser Technology for QIST Systems
- Societal, Educational, and Technological Challenges
Optica Quantum will publish bi-monthly (6 issues/year) and will include original research articles, reviews, invited perspectives, comments, and replies. Optica Quantum also offers the opportunity for authors and reviewers to participate in a transparent peer review process by agreeing to publish the peer review correspondence (decision letters, reviewer comments, and author response to reviews) associated with an article.
As a Gold Open-Access journal, Optica Quantum will have Article Processing Charges (APC); however, on an introductory basis Optica Publishing Group will waive the APC for all articles published in 2023.
For more information, see the 14 April 2023 press release.
Questions about Optica Quantum can be directed to the editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Information (Opening in June)
Submissions should be prepared using the Optica Publishing Group universal manuscript templates for Word files and LaTeX. Optica Publishing Group's Author Style Guide provides additional formatting instructions. See the Author Resource Center for more instructions.
Michael G. Raymer
Luis L. Sanchez-Soto