Journal Article Production Workflow
- File Transfer. Staff provides the accepted manuscript and accompanying data to production vendor.
- Conversion/Copyedit/Composition. Production vendor copyedits* the manuscript, converts the manuscript to JATS XML (with math standardized as LaTeX markup), and composes PDF proofs. Composition of all Optica Publishing Group journals is currently done with LaTeX.
- Author Proofing. Author receives invitation through Prism system to review PDF proofs and provides changes or accepts the proofs outright.
- Corrections. Staff incorporates author changes and performs high-level check of paper.
- Close Proofs. After a clean, acceptable PDF has been compiled and all article metadata have been finalized, the proofs are closed in Prism.
- Publish. Paper is posted in final form to the Optica Publishing Group platform and is indexed by Google Scholar, Crossref (including funding data), Web of Science and others.
* Express journals do not receive copyediting services.